Fall in love with poetry , prose and plays from all over the world . Art is the only thing that unifies communities and cultures , let’s make it count 😉
The pitched battle of the Trojan war to the cold and narrow streets of Victorian England . They are all alive and well preserved .
- The rise of the English NovelsWe owe the phrase ” the rise of the novel ” to the critic Ian Watt who used it as the title of his hugely influential book published in 1957Continue reading “The rise of the English Novels”
- The Pre-Raphaelite movement and it’s artThe pre Raphaelite movement began in 1848 as an organisation of painters who called themselves Pre-Raphaelites . The occasion of the founding of the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood was a book ofContinue reading “The Pre-Raphaelite movement and it’s art”
- Roman society depicted in Plautus’ Pot of goldPot of Gold is a scathing social documentary on the growing disparity between the rich and the poor within Roman society in the time of Titus Maccius Plautus . TheContinue reading “Roman society depicted in Plautus’ Pot of gold”
- Beowulf – the context and history behind the poem .Beowulf is the earliest extant heroic poem in any modern European language . The full story survives in the manuscript known as the Nowell Codex . Although the manuscript datesContinue reading “Beowulf – the context and history behind the poem .”
- Anglo Saxons and the birth of English literatureThe story of English literature begins with the Germanic tradition of the Anglo Saxon settlers . The Romans withdrew from Britain early in the fifth century because they were neededContinue reading “Anglo Saxons and the birth of English literature”
- Poetic justice and it’s part in a tragedy .Poetic justice implies the even distribution of prosperity and adversity in proportion to the merits of different agents or doers . The idea is that evil is to be dulyContinue reading “Poetic justice and it’s part in a tragedy .”
- Chorus – a brief summaryOne of the fundamental aspects of the classical Greek tragedy is perceived in the presence of a chorus. The chorus is a part of the traditional origin of the GreekContinue reading “Chorus – a brief summary”
- Latin influence on the English languageA very important phase of Latin influence on English was opened up by conversion of England to Christianity . The period of influence may be said to start from 597Continue reading “Latin influence on the English language”
- Oedipus’ anger against TiresiasAfter solving the riddle of the Sphinx , Oedipus becomes the king of Thebes and as he ascends to the throne he is confronted with the fact that his kingdomContinue reading “Oedipus’ anger against Tiresias”
- Plot construction in Oedipus Rex – a classic use of the Freytag’s pyramidThe plot of Oedipus the king is so remarkable that the drama has been called one of the most perfect dramas in terms of plot construction . Aristotle , inContinue reading “Plot construction in Oedipus Rex – a classic use of the Freytag’s pyramid”
Welcome to ONE WORLD , a website dedicated to understanding history and literature in simpler terms.
Get In Touch
- +91 9123785134